A new interview with Allure Magazine
The two-time Oscar winner, mother of four, beauty and fashion goddess, and beach-hair aficionado answers our biggest beauty questions and shares her top five beauty products.
Top skin concern: “It changes, but at the moment, my pores.”
Daily makeup routine: “Fairly basic. I’ll put a small amount of moisturizer into my base, then rub that in, add a flick of mascara if there’s time, and a bit of blush.”
Perfect hair day: “My hair always feels most free after a swim in the surf: partly curly, partly straight.”
Typical day’s diet: “Generally, very little meat. Fruit, nuts, salad. I do like Vegemite toast and a great cup of coffee, so that usually figures sometime in the day.”
Worst hair mistake: “Bleaching my arm hair in high school—it was copper orange in patches and purple in others. Never again.”
Greatest beauty extravagance: “Eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. A massage thrown in, and I’m pretty close to nirvana.”
Blanchett’s top five products:
1. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
2. Diptyque Precious Oil for Body and Bath
3. Edward Bess Edward’s Best Lipstick Palette
4. SK-II R.N.A. Power Radical New Age Essence (Blanchett is a spokeswoman for SK-II)
5. Philip Kingsley Elasticizer “This volumizes and restores my hair,” says Blanchett.